The Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR) envisions a modernized fishery that is technologically advanced and globally competitive.
Sound management practices of resource sustainability, the principle of sound social justice and strong private sector participation guide its transformation.
BFAR is commited to:
- Conserve, protect and sustain the management of the country’s fishery and aquatic resources;
- Alleviate poverty and provide supplementary livelihood among municipal fisherfolks;
- Improve aquaculture productivity within the ecological limit;
- Utilize optimally the offshore and deep-sea resources; and
- Upgrade post-harvest technology.