The Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources (BFAR) envisions a modernized fishery that is technologically advanced and globally competitive.
Sound management practices of resource sustainability, the principle of sound social justice and strong private sector participation guide its transformation.
MISSION / COMMITMENTS
BFAR is commited to:
- Conserve, protect and sustain the management of the country’s fishery and aquatic resources;
- Alleviate poverty and provide supplementary livelihood among municipal fisherfolks;
- Improve aquaculture productivity within the ecological limit;
- Utilize optimally the offshore and deep-sea resources; and
- Upgrade post-harvest technology.
- To alleviate poverty in the fisheries sector
- Affordable food, sustainable food.